Wednesday 17 January 2018

Vitamins for Seniors

There is such a choice of vitamins available.

Only last week a friend recommended my husband takes Rhodiola rosea together with Ashwagandha Maximum Strength.  They are supposed to give him energy.  So far, he feels more sleepy.  I took one Rhodiola but felt too lively that day.  It is not for me.

I just found a dusty looking bottle on my bedside table.  It's Ubiquinol CoQ10.  I don't remember what I was taking it for, so will need to google it as they were not cheap and are still in date.  Then there is the Glucosamine Hydrochloride plus Osteocare liquid for my joints and bones, having broken three of them.  I also take Evening Primrose Oil, Menopace multivitamins and have 5HTP to help with serotonin levels.  I live in the UK in a flat with no outside access, so my doctor recommended I take high dose Vitamin D.  Do we really need all this stuff?  I don't take them all every day as it would be just TOO much.  I almost forgot, I now have gone back to Cod Liver Oil capules for Vitamin D!  If I feel a cold coming on, I take Boots First Defence followed by a soluble Vitamin C tablet with Propolis royal jelly thrown in for good measure.

I eat a varied diet and although I don't like most fruit I love lemons and limes and have at least one a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment