Wednesday 22 May 2013

Storecupboard Vegetable Soup


I just made some soup for lunch and there is plenty left for the boys later on. I used what I had in the cupboard, freezer and fridge.....any vegetables would be fine.


Frozen carrots, onions and celery (from Marks and Spencer)
A few spring onions finely chopped
A Knorr chicken stock cube and a litre of water (boiled)
A packet of Telma chicken noodle soup
A handful of pearl barley
Fresh green beans finely chopped
Fresh asparagus finely chopped
A few frozen peas
A few frozen broad beans
A fresh carrot finely chopped (I had peeled batons leftover)
Half a yellow pepper, finely chopped
Black pepper
Half a lemon and half a lime, juiced
Two potatoes, peeled and cubed
A dessert spoon of tomato puree

I put them all in the boiling water and left to simmer for half an hour to let the flavours fuse and the veg soften.

No comments:

Post a Comment