Thursday 6 May 2021

TOMATO, YELLOW PEPPER AND CELERY SOUP


Having had my second Covid 19 vaccination today, I fancied something nutritious to eat, followed by an afternoon with my feet up resting.  I didn't have any side effects from the first vaccine, but that doesn't mean I will escape this time.  So far, so good.

I didn't know what to have for lunch.  We often eat our main meal at lunch time, but today is other half's day at the office instead of working from home.  So I checked for any vegetables past their best in the fridge and popped them in the soup maker with a vegetable stock cube.

Ingredients

2 carrots, cleaned and chopped

2 celery sticks, cleaned and chopped

1 yellow pepper washed and chopped (discarding the pith and seeds).  Other colour peppers are fine.

1 clove of garlic (for healthy reasons)

2 cleaned spring onions (scallions)

2 soft tomatoes, washed and chopped

1 vegetable stock cube

2 cups of water or more according to taste

salt and pepper to taste

Lemon juice and crusty bread to serve

 

Pop all the ingredients (except the lemon and crusty bread) in the soup maker and set it for 21 minutes on blend.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment