Tuesday 29 December 2015

A James Bond girl by association - Spectre

I recently went to see the latest Bond movie, starring Daniel Craig in Spectre.  I have seen all the Bond movies, starting with Dr. No when I was a child.  I had a particular interest in Spectre as I have recently started a new hobby of being a film extra.

One dark wintry Sunday morning, I entered the London Film School for my second day of filming a short film set in a hotel reception.  I shared a makeshift dressing room with Nigel Barber who made an impressive entrance and introduced himself, quickly asking me how long I had been in the business.  When I revealed I had started only the day before he was very helpful in sorting out the timing for me in the scene we shared.

Back to Spectre, Nigel played the Head of the World and try as I might, I couldn't spot him in the film.  When watching the credits, his name came up under the Tokyo team and I realised he had played the Head of the World at the head of a table in the dark, withholding his identity to those in the room.  Complicated.  Now I want to see the film again.

No comments:

Post a Comment